A first for New Zealand... a “Grand Cru” selection of our “World Class Chardonnays”. NZ does not have an official Cru Classé rating system for any of our wines... we are a young antipodean wine producing country. But previous vintages of Kumeu River Mates & Neudorf Moutere Home Block Chardonnay have finished 2 & 6 in the world respectively... competing against the world’s elite Chardonnays judged by the world’s finest critics. In doing so they outpointed many white Burgundy’s and other exotic global labels that would set you back more than a weeks wages for a bottle - we are long overdue to give due status recognition to our finest wine producers... and equally define elite quality for Chardonnay lovers! Fine Wine Delivery know NZ Premium wines better than any retailer... we’ve built our 24-years of history and growth with premium NZ wines core to our offering. So, we’re creating history with our first ever “Annual Grand Cru Chardonnays of NZ” release.
This 1st Annual “Grand Cru 6-pack Selection” contains the following Chardonnay...
1. KUMEU RIVER MATES 2019 – Made from old vine Mendoza Chardonnay fruit... Mates has on multiple occasions outpointed Grand Cru white Burgundy with price tags up to 1,000 euro+ in judging arenas with the world’s elite critics. Awarded 98/100 Cameron Douglas who says... “This is highest score I have ever awarded a New Zealand Chardonnay - this wine is simply fantastic
2. ELEPHANT HILL SALOME 2018 – A relative newcomer to Elite Chardonnay ranks... this is Salome’s 4th release. It’s refinement, poise and quality are compelling. Bob Campbell MW rates it 96/100 saying... "It is richer, weightier and even more complex than Sea Chardonnay with peach, grapefruit, citrus, nectarine, ginger, baguette crust and spicy oak. A very impressive wine with good cellaring potential" - Bob Campbell MW
3. CLEARVIEW ENDEAVOUR 2018 – A blend of new & old winemaking techniques using the estates finest fruit of vintage from their old Mendoza clone vines... Endeavour is only made in exceptional vintages. More generous in style but layered with refined lees/oak/textural complexities... it is captivating Chardonnay deserving of its inclusion in this rarefied selection. Bob Campbell MW awarded it 97/100 along with other noted critics.
4. PROPHETS ROCK CUVEE AUX ANTIPODES 2018 – Spectacular Central Otago Bendigo region terroir sharing the same latitude as France’s legendary Burgundy region... why not grow and make world class Chardonnay there. François Millet... winemaker at legendary Burgundy producer “Domaine Comte Georges de Vogue” was involved in making this surreal Chardonnay. In his typically earthy and understated way François says of this Chardonnay... “This wine is the reflect of the Clutha river flowing just below, mineral, transparent and luminous. There is nothing exotic, "artificial" or "made up" about the expression of this wine. That shows again the link between what is emanating from the land, the feeling you have from it and the expression of the wines."
5. TONY BISH ZEN 2019 – Tony Bish was Chief Winemaker at Sacred Hill for several decades and created the legendary “Rifleman’s” Chardonnay. Tony’s love of this noble grape drove him to open his own Chardonnay specific urban winery in Napier... quickly making world class Chardonnay of which his “Zen” is the Grand Cru. Crafted from old vine dry grown grapes off the iconic “Skeetfield” Hawkes Bay vineyard it is aged in a rare Taransaud French Oak custom crafted “Ovum”... shaped like an egg. 2018 Zen was awarded 97/100 by leading UK critic Jamie Goode... this new 2019 is yet to be reviewed and was graciously released realy by Tony for our “Grand Cru 6-pack”. Do not be surprised in the coming months to see multiple 97+ point ratings for this magnificent NZ Chardonnay.
6. NEUDORF MOUTERE HOME BLOCK 2019 – Along with Kumeu River Mates... Neudorf Moutere Home Block has led the rise of NZ Chardonnay globally... often compared to Burgundy’s finest and on occasions outpointing the best. Planted in 1978, their Home Block Mendoza has roots four meters deep into the Moutere Clays. In summers like 2019, this depth enables dry farming (zero irrigation), resulting in a concentrated, refined chardonnay that speaks wonderfully of its place. It has the energy, finesse and razor fine balance of French Grand Cru Chablis.
These “Grand Cru” reference NZ Chardonnays all have the propensity to age for periods of up to 20-years if professionally stored. All surreal Chardonnay experiences... whenever you enjoy any one of them you should plan a meal that does justice to the wine and creates for you a mesmerising occasion... that is what “Grand Cru” can bring to your life. Regrettably, there are only 48 x 6-packs this year - we are already in discussions with prospective “Grand Cru” NZ Chardonnay producers to secure increased stocks for our 2022 release. First preference ongoing will be given to historic purchasers of the packs... so secure your 6-pack before the offer is oversubscribed as it certainly will be. Enjoy, Jeff
NZ Grand Cru Chardonnay 6-Pack
The crème de la crème of New Zealand Chardonnay!
|Lunn Ave Superstore||Low|
|Constellation Drive Superstore||Low|
* Pick up time will be in two hours if your products are available at your store of choice. If your products need to be transferred from another store then pick up will be midday the next working day (provided your order was placed before 4.30pm)
|Brand||Fine Wine Delivery|
Featuring 1 x 750ml bottle of…
Clearview Estate Endeavour Chardonnay 2018
Elephant Hill Salome Chardonnay 2018
Neudorf Home Block Moutere Chardonnay 2019
Kumeu River Mates Chardonnay 2019
Tony Bish Zen Chardonnay 2019
Prophet's Rock Cuvee Aux Anitpodes Blanc 2018
We taste, rate & guarantee every wine we sell.